Monday, June 11, 2012

I LOVE This Quote.....

“You may have tangible wealth untold; Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than I you can never be— I had a mother who read to me.” (Strickland W. Gillilan, The Reading Mother.)

I just read an article about Piggie and Elephant books on the Mommy and Me blog and found this quote...I love it!

Perfect quote for today as I was one proud mommy last night!!! Carson "read" me the entire book Shoe La La by Karen Beaumont. This is not a short book and she pretty much "read" it to me word for word. Now...of course I know my 2 year old is not looking at the words and sounding them out but I was so proud that she listened when I read it, paid attention, and used the pictures on the pages for clues. She even read with my same expressions. Carson is on her way to reading and I am so so so proud! (We made such a big deal about it too....laughing, yelling out, clapping...I can't wait to see what she will read me tonight!)


No comments:

Post a Comment