Friday, May 20, 2011

Shark vs. Train by Chris Barton

I have seen this book a few times before and just never picked it up....which I do not understand because of course boys would LOVE this book about sharks and trains. However- I read it today and it is a new favorite of mine for sure!!! I might start giving this book to boys I know for their birthdays...it is that good. The author is Chris Barton (The Day-Glo Brothers) and the illustrator is one of my faves- Tom Lichtenheld (Duck Rabbit and Bridget's Beret). In this book- the readers see who will win- the shark or the train. However...they will soon see that it depends on the situation. Of course swimming in the ocean the shark will win...but in a marshmallow toasting contest- the train would win. Kids will LOVE this book and laugh out loud! (I did!)


Shark VS. Train! WHO WILL WIN?!
If you think Superman vs. Batman would be an exciting match up, wait until you see Shark vs. Train. In this hilarious and wacky picture book, Shark and Train egg each other on for one competition after another, including burping, bowling, Ping Pong, piano playing, pie eating, and many more! Who do YOU think will win, Shark or Train?

No comments:

Post a Comment