Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Best Birthday Party Ever by Jennifer Larue Huget

This book caught my eye for two reasons. 1. I LOVE the illustrator- LeUyen Pham. She illustrates one of my favorite chapter books series- Alvin Ho. She also illustrated Bedtime for Mommy, Grace for President, and she wrote and illustrated All the Things I Love About You! I am just drawn to her sweet and simple illustrations.
2. My niece's 5th birthday is this weekend and we are going to Atlanta for her American Girl party. And every time I talk to her on the phone- she gives me a count down to her party and reminds me of everything we are going to do on the trip. She would just LOVE this book. The fun of a birthday party when you are a child is all of the excitement and planning! This book captures that exactly.

My birthday is 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, and 8 hours away. Today I'm starting to plan my party.
This little girl is planning her party now. She has to, if she wants to have the best birthday party ever. She'll have the tallest birthday cake in the world, plus camels, elephants, a ferris wheel (of course), and a castle . . . with a moat. Kids will laugh out loud at the girl's wild plans, and love the oh-so-sweet ending, which involves a modest but still..the best birthday ever. Jennifer LaRue Huget and LeUyen Pham brilliantly show what it feels like to be the Birthday Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment