Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Dream of an Elephant by Rubinger

"Jumping and playing the whole morning through! I dream of an elephant whose color is…." 
This is the cutest book and the illustrations are so colorful. In this interactive book, children have to use the rhyming text clues to guess what color elephant they will see next. This is one of the best "color" books I have seen. (Right up there with Seeger's Lemons are Not Red.) I am going to get this for Carson's collection for sure!
I Dream of An Elephant takes readers through a wondrous world where they will encounter elephants of many colorful shades that sing, dance, and play. Each page's descriptive sing-song text leaves out the last word, allowing little ones to chime in and complete the rhyme while learning a range of colors. Amusing color-themed illustrations provide clues for the words that have been left out. I Dream of An Elephant teaches children about colors with a fun, fill-in-the-blank challenge that encourages participation.

No comments:

Post a Comment