Monday, March 14, 2011

A MUST for Babies and Toddlers- If I Could Keep You Little by Marianne Richman

My sister gave this book to my niece Maggie this weekend for her first birthday! It is the best book and I could not help but tear up as I was reading it and thinking about my sweet Carson turning 18 months this week. It is a mother's story...she is telling her baby how she wishes she could keep them little forever...except...by doing so she would miss out on all the wonderful things they will do and who they will become. I think this might be one of my new favorites and it makes a great birthday book!

Taking the reader on a journey of memory and expectation, IF I COULD KEEP YOU LITTLE showcases the fleeting little moments that reveal how a child changes and grows.

If I could keep you little,
I'd decide on matching clothes.
But then I'd miss you choosing
dots on top and stripes below

If I could keep you little
I'd cut your bread in shapes.
But then I'd miss you finding
"Hey! I like ketchup with my grapes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment