Monday, March 7, 2011

The Book That Eats People by John Perry

If I had to pick the most popular books in my elementary library- this picture book would be right up there with Diary of a Wimpy Kid. After I read it to grades 2-5...it was NEVER on the shelf. It is a very fun book about a book (the book you are reading) that eats people. The kids just love getting into this idea. Before I read the book I tell the kids..."this is a book that eats people. I cannot be responsible if the book eats you so please raise your right hand and repeat after me. I promise...I will not blame Mrs. Horne if this book eats me. She warned me ahead of time and I am reading this book at my own risk." They are just smiling so big and giggling through this whole speech! This is just a FUN picture book to share with older elementary kids, especially around halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment